Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
Baiting works very well. But you can't bait with a 55gal barrel that has a motor that can be heard a mile in the cool morning air. You can't bait 12 feet from your stand that is as big as your first house either. And you can't bait where you run cameras 365 days a year. You can't go check your bait pile ever six hours on your side by side and expect to see anything either. You also can't pour out bait just any old place and expect to see a 140 plus deer, chances are if you'd sit there for 50 years prior to baiting, you still wouldn't have seen a big deer either.

Baiting works, not for a slob hunter, but for someone who actually understands hunting ......
That is a big ass blanket you threw there.....

As much work as we did in planting the food plots doubt I/us will qualify as slob, however, no amount of baiting has ever work for me while at times i had Does sleeping in the plots and hundreds of pics of them.... Which killed me because once season opens the bigger deer tend to disapear, at least the nice ones ...

The challenge of baiting or food plots, at least for me, is to get the deer in a clearer spot to have a better chance to id if this is a deer I want to kill and try not to mess their trails and bedding areas. I can put corn next to a bedding area or a trail and get a deer but that is not what we want. We do our best to stay off those areas they used otherwise they will tail off to the next county.

Talking about larger deer, have you notice how it sometimes seems like the larger does send the younger ones ahead to test the waters so to speak?