Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
That is a big ass blanket you threw there.....

As much work as we did in planting the food plots doubt I/us will qualify as slob, however, no amount of baiting has ever work for me while at times i had Does sleeping in the plots and hundreds of pics of them.... Which killed me because once season opens the bigger deer tend to disapear, at least the nice ones ...

The challenge of baiting or food plots, at least for me, is to get the deer in a clearer spot to have a better chance to id if this is a deer I want to kill and try not to mess their trails and bedding areas. I can put corn next to a bedding area or a trail and get a deer but that is not what we want. We do our best to stay off those areas they used otherwise they will tail off to the next county.

Talking about larger deer, have you notice how it sometimes seems like the larger does send the younger ones ahead to test the waters so to speak?
When the G&F do a age check stations, the big big doe's are the younger one's that are still breeding. The older one's with no teeth are usually the smaller doe's, or at least that is way it is here.