I can discuss whether I like it or not all day. I understand both sides to that argument. This is not that argument.

I understand what Scott is saying. I am NOT trying to claim that Open Carry is, or is not, legal. I know that those who want it, are clamoring over this law that THEY think is clear, and now this AG's opinion that it's legal. Of course, they didn't much care for the last AG's opinion on it!

And that's my point. A person can NOT validly use an O P I N I O N of a lawyer to state what is, or is not legal........because that would mean that in Arkansas this law meant open carry was illegal from the time it was passed till yesterday, and the same law means that open carry is legal as of yesterday. Now, geez, guys..........that's patently absurd.

And THAT was, and remains, my sole point. I would hope and pray that either the Bald Knob case gets to the S.C. and is ruled that it's legal, or that the Legislature fixes it. The former is possible, the latter is probably not. As Jim says, Arkansas is a political mess and always will be. Nutbags from Gooberville have always run this state, and always will. And most of them would look for 2nd base on a football field.

And I don't know if I'm siding with a Democrat or not. I don't know which one. I haven't sided with anyone yet. I have merely stated a FACT that an AG opinion is not binding. That's all I've said. And besides, even if I was doing that, how do you know the Democrat isn't siding with me??

And I do like gravy on french fries. Gravy goes on potatoes. Ketchup goes on french fries. Vinegar, however, does NOT (and yes, you know who you are!). But I don't really care much for french fries at all. If I get them as a side when I order a hamburger, e.g., I usually eat about 5 of 'em.