Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy did I get an education Saturday.

Well, lemme see ... ok, during the time I was there, I saw (not counting hospital staff) prolly 95% niggers, a few wetbacks or spics (not sure, they all look alike anyway), one mixed couple (him black, her white) with 8 (as in EIGHT) little Oreos (or zebras as OJ calls 'em), one totally white trash, redneck honky who came in with no shirt and his zipper down with no underwear underneath ... oh, and one Jap (Lynn).

Then there were the three respectable looking, model citizen type white folk ... my bro, sil and myself.

Feel better now?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well that's twice.

Yours comments are patently ridiculous.

I don't choose to discuss this with those who think I'm lying, can't stand the truth, and dismisses reality. You couldn't be more wrong on this. But my psyche is not going to let me discuss this further with such folks. Your elitist attitude on this is why I decry the liberal view of the world.

Bye
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

nI really didn't post my personal views. I posted facts from Blue Cross Blue Shield about the five biggest myths about emergency room services. If that's your version of posting liberal lies then you're entitled to your opinion. there's plenty of other data out there from the CDC, other insurance outfits, government Medicare agencies, and so forth. They all pretty much say the same thing. I actually posted it in response to Thumper, not to you to begin with, to let him know that maybe it ain't the same everywhere and maybe his own perception got skewed a little by something or other. Having sat in an emergency room for six hours with pancreatitis TWICE in two weeks, I can relate to how pissed you can get.
    In my case, the ER wasn't clogged by the uninsured, or minorities, it was clogged by the process which is rife with dumbassery. (this was in 2006) The front line people in those ERs actually do their best when you finally get care.

BKB

As stated previously, I have VERY little experience with Emergency Rooms. The ONLY time I related to in my original post was the 1/4 of one day I spent in the ER this past Saturday afternoon. We were lucky, as when we entered, there was hardly anyone there and just a few in the waiting area. My SIL was admitted immediately following their gathering all her insurance info.

I sat down right next to the admissions desk as she and my brother went through the check-in process, then I remained in that seat through the whole afternoon. It seemed really odd to me that the staff already knew half the people who came in ... like they were "regular customers". The rest is just my basic observations from spending just 6 hours there ... so there are another 8760 hours in the year I have not or will not observe. Maybe it was just a bad day ... or a good day ... I'm not sure which.

What it boils down to is, before Saturday, I had no clue whatsoever that you could simply walk into the ER with a hangnail and expect service. I guess I'm pretty naive in that respect. I thought the ER was pretty much for emergencies ... or at minimum, potential emergencies. AND ... I could not help wondering why these people went to the ER instead of a local walk-in clinic (they're all over town) ... but I think I know the answer to that one.

Not sure if you have them there but there are urgent care clnics here that you can walk in without insurance and get service from.

Its pretty screwed up though that people use emergency rooms that way. And frustrating too. One would hope the triage process would get the most seriously hurt treated first.

BKB

Well, here's some facts for you.
    Post #21 you called me a liar, thinly veiled as you say.
    Post #23 you called my son a liar.....and used offensive language....that I NEVER use, online, offline, or ever.
    Post 30 you falsely accused me of using offensive laguage, when I never do, but you have done,so here, and often.....and you accused me of lying for the second time, simply because my statements don't match your absurd agenda.
    Post #33 you falsely claim that none of your posts contain your personal views.

You and I go back a long ways, but those things are over the line. My back's against the wall maybe, but I'm done with this b/s.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And my brother is on medicaid and no one in town will see him other than the hospital er......not the several urgent care facilities. Your info isn't applicable to real people.

Nobody can disagree with you any time without you taking some big offense to it. When it happens you're persecuted or are treated dismissively. And if you don't think you've used covert racist language Maybe I can go back and find some references for you. EVEN THOUGH THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT YOU. In the first two you listed, I was responding to Thumper.

You keep saying you're done and yet you keep posting.

And your brother has absolutely nothing to do with this post. Where did that come from?

I will leave you be.

BKB

Disagree is one thing. I've taken that we'll for 15 years. Calling me and my family liars is far different. I brought up a medicaid example to disprove your contention that urgent care clinics would solve the problem that you claimed earlier didn't exist. Your position is untenable, and dismissing me in that elitist way doesn't sit well with me either. Not that that bothers you any.

Wow!
    First day out in forever and look what goes on....
    I ain't in it, I ain't gonna get in it either.
    I'll just say in my 30 plus year of hanging out in ER's in my line of work my observations are MUCH the same as Thumper described. And the Nurses and doctors and EMS peeps in this area would without question second that.
    There that's all from me.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Oh hell no! Everybody pays their own way and obama care is the best thing ever. I had such a high rate of people paying that I semi retired and only work about 50 hours a week now. And ambulance are not used as taxi's silly people, taxi's cost money and ambulances are free. And every once in awhile I actually use the cot. Usually not for the immigrants though.
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.

Good to see you here Gunth! Why such a stranger?

Well, that was a waste. I debunked all of the 5 myths and it wouldn't post. Oh well. I'm gonna go hunting.
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.

Dangit!

Yo to the armpit with eyes!

Welcome back, dufus.

BKB