Thread: Armistice Day Blizzard of 1940....

Armistice Day Blizzard of 1940....

I ran across this article about this event on a duck hunting site....actually I was unaware of it....unbelievable weather occurrence that took the lives of many duck hunters.

Survivors and eyewitnesses called it, ""The Day All Hell Broke Loose"".

Thought some of you waterfowlers might like to know about this infamous storm, if you haven't heard about it before.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...20ay.484868%2F
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-12-2015 at 02:17 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

WOW, now that's the kind of things I like to read about. What a strange event that took so many lives. I clicked on and read all the links also. Such suffering and real heroes step up to save so many.
    There was a like and similar even on the coast of NC in 1917/1918 that froze the ENTIRE Pamilco Sound so thick people could drive vehicles across the sound.
    Take the time to read about these stories of survival also.
    http://www.ourstate.com/big-freeze
    Thanks for posting and passing that along, I had never heard of it.
    (And I'm leaving at 5:30 in the morning for the coast to Duck hunt) if the wind starts blowing I'm going to the truck!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Cool stories. I hope I don't get anything like that this weekend at deer camp.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke