About 10 years ago I went hunting with a bud in Kansas. We were after pheasants and quail and decided to hit up a public area one morning. I parked my truck at a parking area with a kiosk. The area we were hunting was never more that a 1/2 mile or so from the truck, but because of trees/topography we were out of site of it most of the time. I locked her up tight before we left. We were gone maybe 2 hours. When we got back my driver's side window was busted out and what was left of my shit was strewn all over hell. CD's, papers from work, clothes, etc., were everywhere. They did manage to take my extra shotgun (cheap 870) and my backpack containing my GPS unit, camera, and other gear. The worst part was they got my duck call lanyard with my leg bands on it. It was of no value to them but irreplaceable for me. We made a report at the sheriff's office in the nearest town. They acted like they were bending over backwards for me to even make a report. I was young then and didn't realize that my vehicle insurance policy didn't cover such things. Homeowners policy? I rented and didn't even have a renter's policy. I was out over $1,000 and had to drive back to his house that evening with no driver's window in 20 degree weather. I was so pissed I stayed plenty warm. I had to rig a plexyglass and duct tape solution for the 7 hour drive home the next day. I despise thieves and would be fine with making it a crime punishable by death.......................................