Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelley Blue Book has spoken!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I pulled my boat to Canada one year with a buddy's Ford Superduty and its amazing.
    BKB
    So you like Ford Now?....

Give me my Badge Now!!!....or I keep on.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    They're good trucks. Last a long time. Do what you bought them for.

Japan still won't buy our rice. I'm sure that doesn't matter to y'all. That's ok.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

No prob Buckster ... just screw those dang foreigners where it hurts ... buy "American" ... that'll fuck 'em over!

FYI ... the old days are just that ... the old days. We have a global economy now. But you just go ahead and buy "American"! (whatever that means these days)

Here's something you might find interesting regarding your "American" automobile. Ummm, looks like your Silverado is tied for last place! Just sayin'.

To help shoppers who want to buy American, Edmunds has compiled a list of the 10 trucks with the highest percentage of U.S./Canadian content. Our rankings are based on information reported by carmakers to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration under the American Automobile Labeling Act (AALA).

In addition to showing the percentage of domestic content, there's also information regarding the country in which the car was assembled, the source of its engine and the source of its transmission.

1. 2015 Ford F-150 (tie)
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 70
    Final Assembly Country: U.S.
    Engine Source: U.S., Canada
    Transmission Source: U.S.

2015 Toyota Tundra (tie)
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 70
    Engine Source: U.S.

2. 2015 Chevrolet Colorado (tie)
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 66
    Transmission Source: U.S., Brazil

2015 GMC Canyon (tie)
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 66
    Transmission Source: U.S., Brazil

3. 2015 Ram 1500
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 61
    Final Assembly Country: U.S., Mexico
    Engine Source: U.S., Italy
    Transmission Source: U.S., Germany

4. 2015 Toyota Tacoma
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 60
    Engine Source: Japan
    Transmission Source: Japan, U.S.

5. 2015 Nissan Frontier (tie)
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 50
    Engine Source: U.S., Japan
    Transmission Source: Japan

2015 Nissan Titan (tie)
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 50
    Transmission Source: Japan

6. 2015 Chevrolet Silverado (tie)
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 45

2015 GMC Sierra (tie)
    Percent U.S./Canadian Content: 45
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

They're great trucks. I'd drive one. I'm sure Japan never sees a penny of profit from those trucks made over here. That's all good.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

They sure provide a ton of jobs in this country, from the supplier level, through the manufacturing level, transportation, banking/financing, aftermarket, etc. etc. on down to the dealership level not to mention adding to the sales/use tax coffers. There ain't much "American Made" anymore and I know from PERSONAL experience, if the U.S. automakers don't have the competition, they could give a rat's ass about you, me, or anyone else but their fat-cat pockets and quality would take a back seat as far as their priorities go. In the long run, competition is a good thing for the consumer. It gives the assholes a reason to get off their asses and pay attention to what they're building. But, the "tit for tat" could go on forever and I've promised you I'd turn over a new leaf ... so I guess I need to "poof" my way out of this thread.

I understand your position.
    I never said they were bad quality trucks.
    I simply implied the profit goes to Japan.
    I am not in a tit for tat in any way. If folks can't discuss silly topics like trucks without getting upset, then I guess there's no topics possible. I wasn't upset in any way. 99.999% of the chauvinistic "I own the BEST" stuff that has gone on here, I do with my tongue totally in my cheek. You say you "SD". Well, why would this be worse?

Your last two post are serious and fact filled and clearly indicate it's some actual, real, sore subject to you. To me it's just a truck. Toyota doesn't make a 3/4 ton diesel that'll pull my stuff, so they are non-competitive. Past that, it's all just a b/s internet yapping.

Sorry if I offended your truck.

By the way, HD and Airbud also commented on Toyotas.
    Last edited by Buckrub; 01-26-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Well, it wasn't meant so sound all serious-like ... I just jump at any chance I can get to throw a jab at (mostly) GM, so maybe I do come off as being too serious when the subject comes up. Normally, I'd continue throwing the jabs, but I'm not positive as to where the line is drawn these days regarding "picking on you". So, as promised, I just chose to bail instead of continuing.

BUT ... you actually gave me an idea for another post. Man-o-man, it'll be a Thump Post ... but maybe it'll provide a bit of therapy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Well, it wasn't meant so sound all serious-like ... I just jump at any chance I can get to throw a jab at (mostly) GM, so maybe I do come off as being too serious when the subject comes up. Normally, I'd continue throwing the jabs, but I'm not positive as to where the line is drawn these days regarding "picking on you". So, as promised, I just chose to bail instead of continuing. BUT ... you actually gave me an idea for another post. Man-o-man, it'll be a Thump Post ... but maybe it'll provide a bit of therapy for me.
    you already went to thump mode with this post. Give yer digits a rest before you post another.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Even though my Ford hasn't been quite as good as the average Tacoma it has been a whole LOT BETTER than any of the 6 GM vehicles I've owned. My oldest son in a moment of weakness and against my advice bought a Chevy Denali a little less than a year ago. Long story short his repair bills were starting to equal or exceed his monthly payment. I think it was trouble free for maybe 2 months, the rest of the time it was a typical piece of Chevy. He traded it off a couple weeks ago for 2013 Ford F150 Crew Cab. In his own words: "Dad it is a HUGE improvement. I won't miss that Chevy at all." I won't be make that mistake ever again!" Live and learn I suppose. I can honestly say that if I won any brand new GM vehicle in a contest/drawing the first thing I would do is trade it in or sell it. I have zero desire to ever own another. With that said, the fact that Toyota trucks have very strong resale value is of no surprise to any of us that have owned a few of them. In fact that resale is about the only thing tough about owning a Toyota Tacoma. They are super expensive to buy new, and going the used route is pretty darned spendy as well. Short of inheriting one from a dead relative there is almost no way to get into a Tacoma cheaply.

You OK Skyz?....Thats fucked up shit you just said^...

You say this truck broke down???

2015_chevrolet_silverado-2500.jpg

???

Or this one???

2015-chevrolet-silverado-3500hd-towing.jpg

what exactly are you saying???...Chevy Sux???

So we should all buy a toyota camry with a bed on it....Then pull my backhoe? ???
    Last edited by airbud7; 01-26-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    If a Tacoma is "mid sized" then what would be a small truck?

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    If a Tacoma is "mid sized" then what would be a small truck?
    Ha! Who knows? If a Ford F-150 is full-sized, what was my Kenworth? 😄

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    So we should all buy a toyota camry with a bed on it....Then pull my backhoe? ???
    Just curious A/B, what sort of backhoe do you own?

If you go by capability (payload, tow rating) then I would call an F150 a mid size like the GMC 1500, Tundra and Dodge Ram1500. The Tacoma is a small pickup like the Colorado and Nissan Frontier.

A full size pickup would be a Ford Superduty, GM 2500/3500 and Ram 2500/3500. Toyota doesn't make a full size pickup truck but Nissan is getting there with the Frontier XD diesel.
    Last edited by johnboy; 01-27-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Just curious A/B, what sort of backhoe do you own?
    A Ford/...You want me to upload a video ?

Got a skid steer to/ and an old 8n.
    Last edited by airbud7; 01-27-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Yankin' your chain A/B. It's just that you're repeating yourself and I heard you the first time. If you'll scan back a few posts, you already mentioned pulling a backhoe, then asked what a Toyota can pull. That's when I posted the video of me pulling my Space Shuttle. 😉

Yeah Johnboy, no clue where they draw the line on "small" & "mid-sized". I do know I kept one of my old SR5 work trucks for a few years as a beater/woods romper, and when it was parked next to my Tacoma, the Tacoma "looked" like a full-size truck comparatively. Park the Tacoma next to a Tundra and the Tundra is, of course, bigger. Who knows? The point is, comparisons should be apples and apples instead of apples and oranges. Tacoma/Colorado - Tundra/Silverado, etc. It really doesn't accomplish anything to compare a Tundra with an F-450 dually Super Duty, just like you wouldn't compare an F-450 with a Peterbilt.

What it all boils down to is, it's just SD'ing. People are going to like what they like and drive what they like, OR drive the best "tool" for the job they need to accomplish. It could just as well be a discussion about guns and Gunther could be commenting on "Remingtombs" and needling the majority of shooters around here. But it wouldn't accomplish anything to bicker while comparing Sky's .22-250 with an M-60. Different jobs, different tools.

Brilliant^........ Thump how you do that^....I will never know?

Ummm, not sure what I did persactly, but I'm sure it simply boils down to my sheer genius. 😉

Right tool for the job is exactly what it's all about. Pick whatever you need. Lots of choices out there.