My granddaughter just got accepted to Colorado State. She just found out she will get $23,000 per year from 'grant money'. I assume (?) this is because her folks are 'poor' (2 jobs, 2 cars, old house, both work at decent jobs). The total cost of a complete ride is about $26,000 annually. She has not heard from scholarship money yet, but will get some for sure........she's in top 3% of class, made 30 on ACT, etc. She is going for Applied Math degree, sorta rare for a 'white girl'.

$26,000 a year to a state school.........not Univ. of Denver, or Stanford, or whatever. A state school.

My last semester.......out of 10 total counting summer school.........in the spring of 1970.......my tuition was $155.00 for 18 hours. I borrowed $3,000 to get my degree, and I paid it back at around $33.00 a month IIRC, and finished around age 30 IIRC. I'll put my education up against anyone's. I learned to spell, write, cipher, think, compose, figure, and learned how to learn. Today, they learn how to hate rich people and how to make placards.