Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A one-way ticket to the poor-house!

Birds and other small critters don't stand a chance around your place. Maybe some of those Burmese Pythons will move into the neighborhood and restore some balance to things :-) My wife has a cat (it prefers me over her and I actually kind of like the stupid thing some days), but I refuse to let them roam outside.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I actually like cats, grew up around them, and would have some barn cats around if I lived out in the country. My wife and older boy are highly allergic though which is probably a good thing as I don't want the damn things (or their litter) in my house.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I had an extra trail cam last week. Set it up in the corner of the yard... "Caught a cat (I've never seen it before), a 'possum and a 'coon. Live trap will be going out soon.. I can tell you from experience; None of the three swim well in a live trap.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    What do you have against a raccoon?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

And if the cat is self-identifying as a delicious wild pig? what then, pray tell?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    What do you have against a raccoon?
    Possibly the most destructive critter this side of bears and termites.. Terrible egg eaters.. I don't bother them, in the off-season, unless they get to bothering around the buildings.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowk9 View Post
    Birds and other small critters don't stand a chance around your place. Maybe some of those Burmese Pythons will move into the neighborhood and restore some balance to things :-) My wife has a cat (it prefers me over her and I actually kind of like the stupid thing some days), but I refuse to let them roam outside.
    Ha! Look at the initial post ... these cats are WELL fed. I haven't found so much as a feather in the yard and have many times seen them simply lay on the porch and WATCH the birds in the yard. Now Duke ... the squirrels "F" with him. They constantly come down the trees and taunt him, knowing there's no way he'd ever catch them. It's comedic actually. Almost as funny as that mama Mocking Bird that messes with him all day. Anytime he walks anyplace, she dive bombs him and pecks his tail. He totally ignores her and when she gets overly aggressive, he just lies down. I laugh my ass off watching that show!

That said, I'm afraid the little mama cat I've been feeding has lost one of her kittens. She had 4, but I've only seen 3 for the past few days. An owl or hawk may have snatched her. Who knows? It's a rough world out there.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Well fed ain't got a damn thing to do with a cats nature to kill stuff. They kill to kill and hunt to hunt. Not to eat. You can feed them till they are about to pop and show them a baby bird and it kill it as fast as it can.
    You are in a dream world.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Ok cat expert. I'm not around them that much, so I guess I have some learning to do. I can understand though, it's kinda like all Mexicans are murderers and rapists.

The good thing though? I'm going to Heaven for helping God's creatures and youse haters are going straight to Hell! Hey! I should'a been a preacher!

I've sent a BUNCHA' cats to heaven in my time.. You should have plenty of company when you get there.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    One of these nights old duke will climb upon your face while you're asleep and smother you. The. He'll chew your nads off for a snack before going out and destroying the local songbird population
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Such negativity around this joint. I think youse dufes need to roll a doobie and relax.