Thread: The worst part of getting old

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

The worst part of getting old

not the aches and pains, nor the loss of hair and teeth. It's not giving up lifelong pleasures that you simply can't do any more, it's saying goodbye to old friends, family and favorite dogs. Last Saturday I conducted my BIL's funeral. This Saturday it's an uncle.

You guys take care of yourselves, I'm sick of saying goodbye

I really really need to go fishing
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Dang, sorry to hear that QA. We could probably all benefit from slowing the hell down and appreciating what's right in front of us. You only get one trip around the marble.

Unless you're Hindu but their rules get pretty complicated.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Sorry to had this QA
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Wishing you Peace, QA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I remember when I was a young kid and noticed the first section my grandmother opened the morning paper to was the obituaries. I asked her why she always reads them first and she said, "I just want to see if I've lost any of my friends." At the time, I thought that was kind'a goofy ... the problem now that I'm older is, I can totally relate.

Sorry for your loss Q/A.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Very true QA. Sorry for your loss.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Appreciate it guys. I'd like to just one time get us all together before we lose anyone else. that includes Bucky. We never know what we have until it's gone

Sorry, didn't mean to be so morbid. You're all okay for a bunch of deplorable old heathens
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

It's all good, QA. Life has a way of making us look up once in a while to see what's important. Sadly, it's easy to lose sight of.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.