Thread: Joker arrested in Virginia...Way to Go Va Boys!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

Joker arrested in Virginia...Way to Go Va Boys!

Can you tell me how the state could ever win this BS case?

Story:

The Joker is behind bars. It’s a storyline that could be straight out of the comic books.

Yet in Winchester, Virginia, it's a true story.

Local police said they arrested a man dressed like the famous comic book villain – decked out in a cape and carrying a sword.

Police spokesperson Jennifer Hall said the department received several 911 calls Friday afternoon reporting a man made up as Batman’s nemesis.

Thirty-one-year-old Jeremy Putman was arrested and charged with wearing a mask in public, a felony in the state of Virginia that can result in a year in jail.

It wasn’t immediately clear whether Putman has a lawyer.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/25...olice-say.html

I have a few nutbag friends that live out that way. I better make sure they're not in jail!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Remind me never to go trick or treating in VA. It's a felony to wear a mask in public????? WTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Heck, all he needs is a half-assed attorney to tell the judge he's a part of a new anti-Batman religion and he wears the mask for religious reasons.

I mean, they DO make exceptions, don't they?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

So I guess those fancy boys that wear balaclavas and such (is that you, Artie?) would be lawbreakers too?

I imagine it was for KKK days wasn't it?

Sounds like something our legislature would do here!

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    So I guess those fancy boys that wear balaclavas and such (is that you, Artie?) would be lawbreakers too?

I imagine it was for KKK days wasn't it?

Sounds like something our legislature would do here!

BkB
    If they made baclavas in spandex I'd be all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Remind me never to go trick or treating in VA. It's a felony to wear a mask in public????? WTF.

When I was in college some friends and I worked a big haunted house about 5 miles from campus. We dressed up the first night (grim reapers) and jumped in the car. We were about 1 mile off campus when a cop pulled us over. Had a hard on telling us we were committing felonies with our faces painted up and hoods on. He let us go after giving us a verbal butt humping.
    That was 1995, so I've known this law for a while.
    It's crazy, but true
    Back in December the me and family did a "surf and santa" 10k down on the oceanfront here in Virginia Beach. Complete Santa suit with beard, hat, robe was included when you signed up. They were attempting to break a Guinness record for the most people dressed in a 5 piece Santa suit running a race (and we did by the way, so I'm famous!).
    I told the wife and kids to take the hat and beard off when we got out of the neighborhood. Would be a felony not to!

I think I saw some pics of Captain wearing a balaclave out sportfishing like a boss. Or maybe it was a cravat.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

He claims it's to block the sun. I say it's his secret homage to Trump's Russian friends.
    Or- maybe Cappy IS Russian?
    Are baclavas even Russian? I've confused myself.

Not the first time.