Thread: The real time-line----a better perspective.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’m quite aware which asshole changed it. i’m also quite aware why Democrats are so pissed off about this nomination when your boy McConnell sat on Obama’s nomination for over 400 days.

The only way I see to stop this shit in the Senate is to reinstate the filibuster and require 60 votes to pass bills and nominations. they used to be the higher congressional body because of those rules but now they are no better than the House of Reps.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    The only way I see to stop this shit in the Senate is to reinstate the filibuster and require 60 votes to pass bills and nominations....

BKB
    You dream my friend. This goes way beyond simple cutthroat politics.

Do you honestly believe that the legislative equivalent of Citizens United would have a chance in hell of passing into law? And on and on and on and on?

The Supreme Court has been the main way for powerful people who can't get legislation passed to make their preferred policy positions into the law of the land. This is the end result: A situation where it is becoming impossible to place judges onto the bench. This is a direct result of having one of the most politicized bodies in your government being the one who decides what the constitution says.

Will