Thread: Trip Report 08/26

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I'm out of time. We caught 48 crappie, but they all died. Guy's boat I was in died........9 miles from the ramp. No one else on the water. We finally made it. I have to go to a get-together, more tomorrow. It was sad to throw all those away! We tore 'em up.

OH well.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    I'm out of time. We caught 48 crappie, but they all died. Guy's boat I was in died........9 miles from the ramp. No one else on the water. We finally made it. I have to go to a get-together, more tomorrow. It was sad to throw all those away! We tore 'em up.

OH well.
    Ummmm, that's what ice chests are for....well, actually beer and cokes, too.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Ummmm, that's what ice chests are for....well, actually beer and cokes, too.
    I was wonder if he was hitting them in the head with a hammer as he caught them ?
    Last edited by No-till Boss; 08-26-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    I was wonder if he was hitting them in the head with a hammer as he caught them ?
    No, that's what we did with bass back when we bass fished, and didn't have live well.

THis wasn't my boat, or my trip.........I was just a spectator and assistant yesterday. We just got about 8 miles from the ramp upstream, and lost big motor. I suspect bad fuel, but it's in the shop today so we'll find out I guess, sometime. Ran the battery down trying, moved the TM batteries to the big motor, still no dice. But the aerator went out so fish died! Ugh. And we had a very small ice chest with drinks, but didn't take a big fish chest with ice..........why not? Cause we had a livewell!! Duh. But I wish we'd have had one.

Got home in time to shower and head to the Traveler's game........guy got a Suite and we had a good time. Beat Tulsa, which is always good since Posty lives there and I like beating Posty at stuff!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    I'm out of time. We caught 48 crappie, but they all died. Guy's boat I was in died........9 miles from the ramp. No one else on the water. We finally made it. I have to go to a get-together, more tomorrow. It was sad to throw all those away! We tore 'em up. OH well.
    Were you gonna eat them alive?
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Ditto, Cap....I can't wait for Bucky's explanation of this (another) fiasco ....I woulda been filleting, while the other guy was paddling....just saying.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Ditto, Cap....I can't wait for Bucky's explanation of this (another) fiasco ....I woulda been filleting, while the other guy was paddling....just saying.
    I thought of that, but the only knives we had other than pocketknives were electric knives! Planning on using them ON SHORE. No place in his boat that he either WOULD clean them or WANTED to get messy, no board, etc. Again, this is NOT my boat, I'm just a back-seat rider and noticer on this trip. And yet, I agree I should have tried to clean them faster, but it was August heat, livewell with no power, and we spent an hour fiddling with the batteries, etc........and when I noticed the fish, they were gone. Makes me sick, that was one of our best days in years.

My boat has a MANUAL (haha) filet knife on board..........and next time I go with anyone, my tackle box will have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    No sir, I was not. Odd question! Do you eat yours that way? I bet Thump does!!!

BUT, I want my meat to be fresh as possible, and I want to clean my meat (Fish, deer, poached cows, whatever) as soon after its demise as possible...............thus, I keep my fish alive until I clean them, when I can.