Thread: This would raise the hair on the back of your neck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One of the few things that will make me stop fishing!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    One of the few things that will make me stop fishing! BKB
    Yessir! I used to keep my boat in the Marina and spent almost every weekend out on the Gulf (of Mexico) during the summers, but I'd usually head in so I could be back around 3:00 in the afternoons because you could almost set your watch to that being when the afternoon thunderstorms would roll in. I'd been out scalloping one day and was a bit late headed back to port and got caught in a heck of a thunderstorm and it got ROUGH! I had three friends aboard and the chickenshits all hid in the cuddy cabin while I was battling the storm and trying to spot the channel markers at the entrance to the harbor. Lightning bolts were actually striking the water around me! It really looked like some sort of Hollywood movie where mines were exploding or artillery rounds were hitting. I'd never experienced anything like that in my life and have never witnessed it since. In a way, it was fascinating, but at the time it was scaring the bejeebers out'ta me!

I remember another time I was out on the Gulf fishing. I was anchored and threw a cast when all of a sudden my line lifted off the water and started rising up into the air. Then the boomer hit! I think I set a world's record for retrieving a line and weighing anchor that day. I was out'ta there and headed home within probably 2 minutes flat!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain