Thread: Smoke on the water...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Makes me think of that old saying: Man plans; God laughs. Everything man has ever done to curb air pollution has gone up in a puff of smoke, so to speak. Gotta help the 'global warming' issue however as all this smoke is definitely keeping the temps down here. Forecast is for 31c but it's currently 21c, according to my truck. There is a silver lining!

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Makes me think of that old saying: Man plans; God laughs. Everything man has ever done to curb air pollution has gone up in a puff of smoke, so to speak!
    I wonder where your facts are to back this up. The Clean Air Act (1970 in the US, not sure if there is a Canadian equivalent) has most certainly reduced air pollution. There was a time when acid rain threatened valuable timber resources in both countries. The Clean Air Act has reduced that threat almost to nothing.

We don’t need to hug every tree and not all environmental legislation is good. But climate science denial don’t work either.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!