Thread: Yesterday was a good day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Thanks Niner, you did right though still not sure there was a concern about a stupid starling.

As for the problem I was having, Thump nailed it. Tried to delete the pic but it showed up as an attachment at the bottom of the post.

Went into the "Manage Attachments" area and the darned thing didn't seem to want to let me do any deleting. Guess I will just have to rely on the Sys Op guys to cover me.

Here is a closeup of a portion of the Road Mob that I thought was sort of cool.
    IMG_3444.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Thanks Niner, you did right though still not sure there was a concern about a stupid starling.
    Ok, now I'm confused here. (so what's new?) Bwana originally called it a RWBB and I thought HH was simply joking around with the Starling comment ... you know, like hogs are legal to shoot, but dairy cows aren't ... so call that cow a hog. (wink, wink) Then I come up with the law on shooting black birds. Now Bwana is acknowledging it was actually a Starling. Again, I still thought it was a RWBB.

Am I confused or are we still playing with words here since we're on the WWW? Are you guys still joking around or is it actually a Starling?

This is what I call a RRBB and it looks like the pic that has now been deleted.

Now THIS is what I call a Starling and that pic above of all the birds in the road are what I usually see when there's a group of Starlings.

Right now, I can't tell when the joking stopped and the seriousness began. Which is which?

And this is a Starling, which does NOT look like the pic that is no more!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

Now THIS is what I call a Starling and that pic above of all the birds in the road are what I usually see when there's a group of Starlings.

Right now, I can't tell when the joking stopped and the seriousness began. Which is which?

And this is a Starling, which does NOT look like the pic that is no more!
    and just to further confuse you - that ain't no starling.. Without digging too deep.. I think it's a Brewers blackbird.

*This* is a (two) starlings.

You're welcome.

and: I have to take responsibility for creating the problem. I had never seen that "nuisance" portion of the federal law. For the record, I don't bother redwings but I hate grackles, and cowbirds. Neither ever land on this farm. Starlings land on this farm.
    Last edited by HideHunter; 11-04-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.