Thread: Ya' ever feel like bustin' somebody's chops?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Were you not at home to tell them about your turd tanks and field line, and where and how you wanted the installation completed???.....if not, you could have flagged the turd tanks and field line, and left written instructions for them.....just wondering.

Nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody, digs anywhere on my property unless I'm present.....it only happened one time on my farm, and since the power company didn't notify me, it cost them dearly.....they were replacing a power pole, which at that time was located on my property, but they moved it about 10 feet, laterally, from it's original location.....I could have told them that a fiber optic cable was buried directly underneath.....too late, they cut it with their big post hole digger.....I never did find out how much that screw-up cost them, but it took about a week for the repairs to be completed.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Were you not at home to tell them about your turd tanks and field line, and where and how you wanted the installation completed???.....if not, you could have flagged the turd tanks and field line, and left written instructions for them.....just wondering.
    The guy came out and ran the new phone line but just left the cable laying across the yard from the house to the junction block. I told HIM where the tank was. He said "someone" would be out "in a week or so" to bury the cable. I was at an estate sale one day when I received a recorded message on my cell phone that the work had been completed. I got home, took a peek in the back yard and immediately thought, "WTF? They must'a been Democrats!"
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain