Nice report Len. It is nice to see someone out and getting it done.

About the ongoing Social Media vs Forum argument..... argh. I've stayed out of it. But (once again) I am reminded of an article I read long ago. It was about how most social media was biased and granted powers they never should have had in the first place. All things I agree with. But then the author threw a curve ball. He stated that WE had the power to keep this from happening and WE chose to trade in what we had for these cesspools.

I think he was right.

I have never had any social media profiles. Never. For one thing I never thought my life so interesting that I should post every breakfast or sunset or trail run online. For another I could see from the start that a hell of a lot of arguments that should have been thoughtful and nuanced were instead mobs of poorly informed arm wavers spouting half-assed opinions that should have embarrassed most anyone with a grain of self respect. But it didn't and it won't.

My wife calls me an aspiring old fogey. She's right, I know. And I do occasionally read twitter and facebook posts. The spoof account of Scary Alvarez, Marty Raney's stuff, things like that. But I do believe as old fashioned as forums are they also have something that none of the social media outlets have and that is heart. Community. And if done right a noticeable lack of pitchforks and bubbling tar of those posers just waiting for you to slip up so they can get you fired or ostracized.

But I do admit that it is probably easier and I do enjoy posts like yours.

Will