Thread: Pay attention

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Keep stretchin'.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Keep stretchin'. BKB
    You the one stretching, and trying to spin stuff to make it fit elsewhere.

"The Emancipation Proclamation was a presidential proclamation[1] issued by President Abraham Lincoln on January 1, 1863, as a war measure during the American Civil War, directed to all of the areas in rebellion and all segments of the Executive branch (including the Army and Navy) of the United States. It proclaimed the freedom of slaves in the ten states that were still in rebellion,[2]excluding areas controlled by the Union and thus applying to 3 million of the 4 million slaves in the U.S. at the time. The Proclamation was based on the president's constitutional authority as commander in chief of the armed forces"

IT WAS A WARTIME ACT, not a I didn't get my way act.

So all the next republican president has to do is say OK congress you got 200 days to pass a bill on financial reform and if they don't do it, you are going to be OK with that republican president handleing it anyway he see fit at that time.

I
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!