Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFB Week 15 Championship week

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB Week 15 Championship week

Last week I was a dismal 8-5 which puts me at 115-61 for the year. That's about 67.3%. There's only 10 games so let's see if I can hit 7 or 8 of them.

1) Utah/Oregon. I think the Utes are too physical for Oregon. Besides, who calls themselves the Ducks? Utes is a much cooler name. Utah 31-21

2) Louisiana/App St. Ed Drinkwitz is doing a good job maintaining status quo in his first year. Hog AD is talking to him today, hope he stays where he is. Mountaineers 34-24

3) Baylor/Oklahoma. Tough tough pick. Hard to beat a team twice. Ah crap, Bears 27-24

4) Miami oh/C Mich. How can you pick against a team named the Chippewas, Central Michigan 38-24

5) UAB/FAU. Lane Kiffin is coaching his last game for the Owls before becoming the head Rebel/land shark/black bear. FAU 30-21

6) Cinn/Memphis. Hard to beat a team twice but Norvell is up to it. We should have snatched him up two years ago when we had the chance. Thanks a lot Jerry Jones. Tigers outclaw the Bearcats 35-24

7) Hawaii/Boise st. Broncs win a tight one, 27-24 Boise st

8) Clempson/Virginia. Rout of the day, Clempson thump the Cavs. 41-17 Tigers

9) OSU/Wisco. Next biggest rout of the day. Buckeyes 38-20

10) LSU/Georgia. Can the Bulldog "D" slow down Joe Cool and his posse? Yes. No. Maybe. LSU can get in with a loss but Georgia can't, Will that motivate them enough to spring the upset? Naa, of course not. LSU 35-24
    Last edited by quercus alba; 12-06-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I just read this, this morning. Pretty amazing commentary on the state of SEC football.

Alabama scored over 35 points in every game they played this year. And still lost twice.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Not so fast, QA......in 2002, MS State scheduled their first-ever season-opener against the "Ducks".....the game was to be played in Oregon, and nobody down here had ever even heard of the "Ducks".....but, with such a quirky team name, all kinds of jokes started circulating all around our campus.....some of the students even started wearing fake duck bills on their faces, several days before the game.
    Long-story-short, they beat the living crap outta us, 36-13.....and, to make matters worse, they agreed to play us again in 2003 here in Starkville, and beat us again, 42-34.....needless to say, we've never played the "Ducks" again in any sport, except girls basketball.
    Southern Gentleman

The old adage that defense wins championships isn't necessarily true any more. The game has evolved into a track meet, the rules have changed to give the offense the advantages plus the offenses are much more sophisticated. The only chance a defense has is to have an elite defensive line that can get in the backfield and disrupt the play quickly and to have linebackers capable of covering tightends and slot backs. Even that doesn't work every time. If Utah gets on the field with LSU , they'll find that out like Georgia is about to

Today's football ain't the football we grew up with Posty
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Definitely some good match ups on tap this weekend. The nightmare scenario is that LSU and tOSU both lose and we’re stuck with the same four we have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

As a wise old guy named Kohelet once said “What has been shall be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun“.

So defenses will be back in style some day. Once they figure out that a cover 2 defense ain’t shit.

bKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Side-bar.....I've thought Georgia has been over-rated for the past 3 years.....jmho.
    Southern Gentleman

I like to watch Jake Fromm play. A lot of their hopes depend on how well they can protect him. He gets the yips under pressure.

I thought they played a much tougher schedule than Bama. There really isn’t a nickel’s worth of measureable difference in any of the one loss teams. If you want to be honest about it, Baylor is the only one loss team that lost to a team they should have lost to. All the rest pulled a major boner in their losses. That doesn’t get discussed much.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

That’s a good point Barry. Should Baylor win and Georgia and Utah lose, I have to think the Bears are in.

The only fly in that ointment is Baylor ain’t gonna win.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I’m no fan of Baylor. So, I hope you’re right.

It was easier to hate them when Ken Starr was allowing rapists to play football there.

Now all I have to hate is that smock wearing asshole.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

That Fotu kid for Utah is a mountain.

He looks like he might play on Sundays. Samoan?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Lots to get excited about today if you’re a college football fan. i can honestly say I like the championship weekend as much as I do the bowl season. Sometimes we forget its THIS weekend teams play for, not necessarily the bowl. A conf championship is every football teams number one goal.

So this morning I read Kiffin is going to Ole Miss and Norvell is going to FSU to be a semenhole. Arkansas better get busy and stop arguing about it or they’ll be in for everyone else’s sloppy seconds.

Lastly, I have been reading story after story about how Utah lost because the team they’ve been all year didn’t show up. Bulla Sheeta. The team that showed up last night is the same old tired excuse that hasn’t beaten an opponent ranked at the end of the year in THREE YEARS. The only two they played this year, they lost to. I thought Oregon just lined up and played smashmouth football. Good for the Ducks.

Boomer Sooner! The path is clear! LSU better take care of bidness or BCS Lite is gonna get exposed for the tired old formula that its always been.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Like I said earlier, whoever placed Utah at #5 is either an idiot or don't know sheeit about football.....and, I still think GA has been over-rated for the past 3 years.....and, I'm rooting for your Sooners, Postie, but they dang sure better wear their Big Smith over-alls, today, against Baylor !!!

Btw, I heard Barry Lunney is on top of the Hogs list, now that Kiffen is at Ole Piss.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-07-2019 at 02:41 PM.

I hadn’t watched much, if any, PAC 10 football this year until last night. What I saw was an Oregon team that had a game plan to stop Utah’s rushing and a Utah team that did absolutely nothing to try to adapt.

There didn’t seem to be much in the way of halftime adjustments did there? I mean, they briefly took the momentum back in the third, scored15 unanswered and then Willingham gave the momentum back by going for it on 4th at the 50 when they could have pinned oregon deep and their defense was storming.

Muddy, i think Georgia actually has a pretty good resume this year. Definitely better than Bama’ and most definitely better than Clempson.

Will Clempson get found out today or do they go in and crush the Vaginas? er Virginas.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Too be perfectly honest, only a 2nd rate coach is going to come to a second rate loser like the Hogs. The AD has no power to make a decision on his own, John Tyson and Jerry Jones tell him what to do and no coach wants his hands to be tied. Remember when Jones used to go down on the field and try to tell Jimmy Johnson his business during games? Pretty much the same thing at Arkansas right now. Dumpster fire don't even begin to describe it

Burn baby burn
    Albert Einstein

Well, it’s official now, Kiffin just got hired as a Land Shark/Black Bear/Rebel or whatever the hell Ole Piss calls themselves.
    So, the Hogs will hafta look elsewhere for their own worthless piece of sheeit coach.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-07-2019 at 12:32 PM.

CFB Week 15 Championship week

Virginia doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell against Clempson. If you stop their QB from running, you stop the Wahoos.

OU needs for LSU to put a drubbing on GA to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    Too be perfectly honest, only a 2nd rate coach is going to come to a second rate loser like the Hogs. The AD has no power to make a decision on his own, John Tyson and Jerry Jones tell him what to do and no coach wants his hands to be tied. Remember when Jones used to go down on the field and try to tell Jimmy Johnson his business during games? Pretty much the same thing at Arkansas right now. Dumpster fire don't even begin to describe it

Burn baby burn
    My new favorite aphorism seems appropriate. It isn’t mine so feel free to use it.

“Shit show at the fuck factory”

I feel like Arkansas will make a good decision. Now whether they will have the patience (past behavior says no) to let that decision create what they want long term is another matter.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

OU playing some D early. Let’s see if they can keep it up for 4 quarters.

Day’um, Baylor has cinched up their jock straps !!!

Holy shit where’s thetylenol?
    Viva Renaldo!

Day’um, I’m absolutely worn out, Tostie.....I guess you’ll hafta be rooting for LSU, tonite, huh???
    Southern Gentleman

It wore me out too, Eddie! I may need a shot of something.
    Or the paddles.
    I don’t know how it will turn out. We made our argument. and i’m proud Baylor and OU both showed they were worthy of their rankings. To me, that makes our argument stronger.
    Let thechips fall where they may.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

And just one more comment about the Big 12 Championship. Something needs to happen to Matt Rhule, I don’t know what, for that smock wearing bastard leaving his qb in while it was obvious to the whole world that he was in trouble. And it took a ref to tell him. What set me off was a highlight I just saw of Rhule chewing his ass on the sideline some minutes later while Brewer was standing there looking dazed as hell.

Screw that guy.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I picked up on that, too, when the ref was talking to him before they huddled up, then lightly tapped his helmet, as if to say, “Are you alright, young man???”
    Southern Gentleman

It was the ref that told Rhule to take him out!
    Viva Renaldo!