Thread: Arty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ddog, in the Williamsburg area, Hank has covered the bases.
    If it when you make it to Virginia Beach, a neat little 1 hour long excursion could be the cape Henry Lighthouse. It’s not the oldest lighthouse in the US but it was the first thing ever built by the (then) newly formed US government. You can still climb it. Leave you side arm in the hotel... they will check you and your vehicle upon entrance.... it’s on a military base.

Between here and Williamsburg is fort Monroe. A union fort in the civil war. Also the place where the very FIRST black slaves were brought in from Africa. That’s in Hampton.

I’ll be home most of the second week in July, so please hit me up. If y’all have a beach day or something I can sneak by and drink all the beer from your cooler while you ain’t looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    Leave you side arm in the hotel... they will check you and your vehicle upon entrance.... it’s on a military base.
    It's been so long since I've thought about that sort of thing, I'm pretty much lost when it comes to what's legal and what's not these days. How does LEOSA affect something like that? Knowing the military, some bases would allow carry, some would not, some you'd have to register and others might just make you secure it. I honestly don't know. I'd sure hate to rely on those dinky hotel safes, plus most any LEO would feel naked without a firearm on the way to or away from the installation. Will a badge and credentials be accepted at the gate? Anybody know for sure how it works these days? Is LEOSA thrown out the window if the military is involved?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain