Thread: 38 degrees, 18 mph wind, and 70% chance of rain and snow....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Hats pretty funny. I was deer hunting with a buddy about 3 hours from home once and his wife sent him a picture of a beautiful 10pt Mountain a doe in their back yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Hats pretty funny. I was deer hunting with a buddy about 3 hours from home once and his wife sent him a picture of a beautiful 10pt Mountain a doe in their back yard.
    Ha ha ha! Ya' got's ta' love spellcheck! Mountain a doe? I guess that works ... verbally at least.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Years ago, Lynn's uncle and her two cousins would always make an annual mule deer hunting trip to ... heck, I don't even remember ... Utah? .. Colorado? ... Arizona? ... Nevada? Anyway, they'd take their motor home and park it way the heck back in the mountains and use it as their base camp. They'd take off on 4-wheelers and go to a remote area to hunt, then return to the motor home in the evening. One year they'd been having lousy luck for a few days and on one particular day, Lynn's uncle twisted his ankle while climbing a rocky hill. The next day his ankle was really sore and swollen, so he stayed at camp and the boys headed out to continue hunting. When they returned to camp that evening (empty handed), dad had a nice buck all dressed out and hanging in front of the motor home. He told them that right after they left, he started cleaning up the breakfast dishes and that buck walked right up to their camp. He grabbed his rifle from just inside the door, took two steps away from the camper and nailed him! As it turned out, that was the only deer they bagged that year.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain