Thread: What yall think about the lion killing???....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
    Were I disagree is that they crossed (at least is stated that way) into the preserve to lure the lion out of there. That is different than making your property more viable for the game therefore the game moving INTO your property.
    There's so much misinformation in that "news" story.. but no where have I seen anything about crossing the park line. Yep - that's what they *want* to convey. Latest info I've seen is that they had a bait a mile and a half outside the park. The lion hit it. They shot him - and not with a crossbow.. "Passing the buck" the "reporter" said. When obtaining an outfitter for a hunt like that - you are relying on his expertise. Lion was 13 - on average they live to be 14. I agree with Sky - stupid and over-blown - and the only "importance" is as eddie said - it's fuel for propaganda and bad for the sport.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    There's so much misinformation in that "news" story.. but no where have I seen anything about crossing the park line.
    "They went hunting at night with a spotlight, and they spotted Cecil," Rodrigues said. "They tied a dead animal to their vehicle to lure Cecil out of the park, and they scented an area about half a kilometer from the park," or about 550 yards.

I guess it is open to debate if they saw Cecil while they were in the park or not. Either way, as I said in my first post, is too early to tell what the facts are if they are ever presented.... I hunt, I dont condemn the taking of the animal as long as the law was followed.