Thread: Minneapolis

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

Minneapolis

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Those officers involved were wrong. No questions or debate about it. Even if a person is resisting, you don’t hold them down by kneeling on their neck.

With that being said, I don’t understand how rioting and burning shit down helps solve anything. There is a big difference between protesting and rioting. What is happening there is rioting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I don't understand protesting violence with more violence. What I can understand is there are a lot of people who feel that history keeps repeating over and over and they feel unheard, see no progress and feel out of options. I think that, in some cases, is where the violence comes in. Is it right, I don't think so, but I can understand it.

I also think we are continually played by the media that incites a lot of this by disproportionately giving air time to things that stir deep emotions. I can't remember who said it but someone once said the media doesn't need to lie to you there are 6 different ways they can shape the narrative without once lying. One of those ways is to under report once side of a story and over report the other.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    The cop was finally arrested. 3rd degree Murder I think. What took so long, is a mystery. I can fully understand how many people feel. It's bad. But I just ask "What can I do or say to make things right?". .......... I don't know what they want us to do. We can't change individual minds. We CAN change laws, and many were awful. Most, if not all, have been changed, so that there's really not much "legal racism" left I don't think. But individual people are free people. You can't say "We need to end systemic racism" unless you know how to change lots of folks minds. I am a Southerner, and I am convinced the number needing convincing is far fewer than yesteryear. But it's too many. God created everyone. America told them they're all equal. But people will believe what they will, and I don't see how that can be changed.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I know that tragedy in my family, and in my country, is putting a heck of a damper on our 50th tomorrow. She doesn't deserve this crap....or me. The entire world seems to be collapsing.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Its the worse kind of murder we can imagine. Cold bloodedly and uncaringly killing a human being while he was incapacitated. and in front of witnesses seemingly without a worry in the world. He kept his knee there for two and a half minutes after the man was unresponsive. We wouldn’t treat a dog this way.
    So why didn’t they all get held immediately and why don’t they charge the highest murder charges for the worse killing we can imagine.

People in law enforcement don’t deserve the bullshit they’re going to catch from the actions of these asshole either. That’s crap too.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Anytime someone is arrested without a warrant, probable cause has to be judicially determined within 48 hours. In very serious and potentially contentious cases the arrest is delayed so that everything is in order at the time of arrest and the charges don’t have to be amended. The other three were passive in the act so they would not have the same charges. So I’m not surprised that there wasn’t charges on all four immediately. That doesn’t mean they aren’t coming.

They were definitely in the wrong. What i don’t understand is why the very people that clamor about judging a group collectively turn around and do the same to the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Has Antifa been designated a domestic terror organization yet? There was some talk about that a while back but it didn't seem to go anywhere. Watching the many vid clips of the riots it's very apparent who is doing the actual destruction - young white males dressed in full Antifa drag, complete with earbuds and backpacks. It really seems that these riots are planned and coordinated by a malicious entity which is determined to escalate the situation wherever and whenever possible. These riots are not an organic response to a horrible and needless death but a planned attempt to sow racial discord. I have watched frantic black citizens try to stop these Antifa thugs from burning down their neighbourhoods. When killing a snake, go for the head.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Has Antifa been designated a domestic terror organization yet? There was some talk about that a while back but it didn't seem to go anywhere. Watching the many vid clips of the riots it's very apparent who is doing the actual destruction - young white males dressed in full Antifa drag, complete with earbuds and backpacks. It really seems that these riots are planned and coordinated by a malicious entity which is determined to escalate the situation wherever and whenever possible. These riots are not an organic response to a horrible and needless death but a planned attempt to sow racial discord. I have watched frantic black citizens try to stop these Antifa thugs from burning down their neighbourhoods. When killing a snake, go for the head.
    They were today.