Thread: Be good!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Be good!

Deppity, you wouldn’t believe how many times I hear that. I remember the first time I went to Ohio to deer hunt with my soon to become, lifetime hunting partner. I went up a few days before season and we ran around running errands, plus preparing for the hunt. I couldn’t tell you how many times we’d be driving and he’d hit the brakes and holler “DEER”. I’d see him looking out across a field and I wouldn’t see a danged thing! He’d describe where they are and I’d eventually spot them. Without him, I’d have returned home saying I’ve never seen a deer up there.

I’ve known people who’ve lived here all their lives and have never seen a gator in the wild, but I could tell them I could take them on a 5-min walk and could almost guarantee to find one for them. Like the lady and her son yesterday, they had a gator 2-feet from their toes and had no clue. I go by the belief, if there’s water anywhere here, there’s likely a gator in it … even a drainage ditch or retention pond. When I drive anywhere near a lake, I have one eye on the road and the other on the lake. I never tire of seeing them.

This guy today is a good 7-footer, possibly 8 … pretty average. Here I am scratching her (acts like a female) neck! (Yeah, my finger is as big as the gator in this pic!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Deppity, you wouldn’t believe how many times I hear that. I remember the first time I went to Ohio to deer hunt with my soon to become, lifetime hunting partner. I went up a few days before season and we ran around running errands, plus preparing for the hunt. I couldn’t tell you how many times we’d be driving and he’d hit the brakes and holler “DEER”. I’d see him looking out across a field and I wouldn’t see a danged thing! He’d describe where they are and I’d eventually spot them. Without him, I’d have returned home saying I’ve never seen a deer up there.

I’ve known people who’ve lived here all their lives and have never seen a gator in the wild, but I could tell them I could take them on a 5-min walk and could almost guarantee to find one for them. Like the lady and her son yesterday, they had a gator 2-feet from their toes and had no clue. I go by the belief, if there’s water anywhere here, there’s likely a gator in it … even a drainage ditch or retention pond. When I drive anywhere near a lake, I have one eye on the road and the other on the lake. I never tire of seeing them.

This guy today is a good 7-footer, possibly 8 … pretty average. Here I am scratching her (acts like a female) neck! (Yeah, my finger is as big as the gator in this pic!)

Same here, I could take anyone on a 10-15 minute drive and show them deer and turkeys, but like you said, you have to know what you’re looking for.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."