Thread: I has a scientific question

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

I has a scientific question

Lots of food is being marketed as non GMO or gluten free and people are getting gouged by what I consider nothing more than a sales ploy. When I find something that interests me, I tend to pore over it until I'm convinced one way or the other. I've read a lot about this and I'm of the opinion that there's not enough definitive research on the GMO vs non GMO to reach an absolute consensus about it. If you think about it, nearly every food source we have has been altered in some way either by cross breeding/cross pollination/grafting. While not exactly the same, the end result is changing the genetic makeup of a plant or animal to some extent. One naturally and the other not so much so. Given a choice, I'll take a bigger, juicer, better tasting, mostly pesticide free GMO vegetable everytime. It basically comes down to personal preference.

Concerning gluten free products, I get the concept of organic vs non organic but I haven't been able to find a single reputable study showing worthwhile benefits of a gluten free diet unless you have a gluten allergy. Once again, you can choose to believe what you want to believe and I believe that I'll continue to eat my GMO gluten loaded non organic foods and will probably die from the quantity rather than the quality of the food I consume.

What say ye?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

GMO/Non GMO is about as accurate a label as the one for angus beef. Which if its marked angus certified beef, the chances are its an old wore out holstein or a whiteface are pretty high, depending on what cow products are being price manipulated. Its not that its immoral, its just the price we pay for thinking our supply chains are solid.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!