Thread: Another one bites the dust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    He looked like a damn Mule chasing that doe through the woods. He was twice her size. He stopped when I grunted at him. She kept going. He only gave me a straight on shot to his neck at about 125 yards. I settled on his neck knowing he was only going to let that doe get so far and he would be off again. I touched it off and he dropped and was DRT. When a 300 Remington Ultra connects to a neck they don't move.
    I gave the cape off this one and the big 11 pointer I shot a few weeks ago to a taxidermist friend of mine as he needs them for big deer where people have ruined there capes. I'm not going to mount any more. Got two houses full of them now. When we skinned him out last night the bullet was just under the skin near the rump. I have it in the truck. Perfect mushroom.
    What most impressed me about this buck when I walked up on him was the size of his neck and shoulders. He weighed 218. But I think he was bigger than that. He has probably been chasing does for a few weeks and probably has lost 15 to 20 pounds. He was 518mm wide, whatever that is?
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    He was 518mm wide, whatever that is?
    You drove to Canada to have him measured?!?