Thread: So it begins..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Cause it was taken with an iPhone.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

the iPhone uses the orientation flag, which Quicktime recognizes. That's why it works in Quicktime. There are still a lot of applications that don't recognize the orientation flag though, which is why you get the rotation. Those applications usually default to landscape mode in a particular direction, which tends to be landscape with the camera position in the upper left.

The only real options at this point is to either always take photos or videos with the camera in the upper left while holding in landscape, or by setting the orientation explicitly by doing a rotate and resaving the image/video. The other option would be for all programs to utilize the orientation flag, but I'm sure it'll be a while before that happens.

Other than that, those are really awesome pictures!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Cause it was taken with an iPhone.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

the iPhone uses the orientation flag, which Quicktime recognizes. That's why it works in Quicktime. There are still a lot of applications that don't recognize the orientation flag though, which is why you get the rotation. Those applications usually default to landscape mode in a particular direction, which tends to be landscape with the camera position in the upper left.

The only real options at this point is to either always take photos or videos with the camera in the upper left while holding in landscape, or by setting the orientation explicitly by doing a rotate and resaving the image/video. The other option would be for all programs to utilize the orientation flag, but I'm sure it'll be a while before that happens.

Other than that, those are really awesome pictures!!!
    I see.. Son sent it to me in email.. it's sideways.. save it to my computer.. its right.. embed it here.. its sideways.. try saving it to Flickr; then use url here.. it says "invalid file".. I don't know how you people that have to use these god damned computers for a living don't go screaming off into the sunset.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.