Thread: Heart Attack Coyote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Rollercoaster?
    Perzackly! Gonna try from rt50 to rt7. I need a drop-off at rt50, though. Not sure how to swing that. Have you done it? Will I die? I have a bum ITband issue in my left leg. Will I have to be medivaced?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I've done it in June the last two years from Snicker's Gap to Ashby Gap. (So, the opposite direction - Rte. 7 to Rte. 50.) It's reputation is well earned. If I can do it, you can. Two years ago, I was in worse shape and started out way too fast and about keeled over about half way up (aptly named) Buzzard's Peak. This past June, it was like hiking in a rain forest and I started cramping up on the last climb. I made it though. This was the first time I think Matt was actually worried about the old man. Winter, as long as it's not icy would be a good time to do it. The trails fairly rocky and uneven and I recommend good boots and hiking poles.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Perzackly! Gonna try from rt50 to rt7. I need a drop-off at rt50, though. Not sure how to swing that. Have you done it? Will I die? I have a bum ITband issue in my left leg. Will I have to be medivaced?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke