Thread: He is going out in style.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ha ha ha! Close ... but no cigar. That's Worcester! And I know Becker VERY well. In fact, once he gets settled in, see if he can ask around and see if I'm still black-listed from that campus!

I was stationed at Ft. Devens, Ma. in early '72 attending "spy school". I met a gal at a little club in Ayer, Ma. called "The Buttercup" and we hit it off immediately. I even remember HER corny pick-up line ... I was sitting at the bar just staring off in the distance and I heard a female voice say, "Penny for you thoughts." Within the hour we were out in the parking lot swapping spit! She drove a new Camaro her daddy gave her when she graduated h/s and I REALLY learned to HATE consoles at that time.

Anyway, turned out she was attending Becker. I had no transportation, so she used to pick me up and we'd go out, then she'd take me back to my barracks. It was a 25-30 mile drive for her. One weekend, she took me to Becker and smuggled me into her dorm room as her roommate had gone home for the weekend. Of course I got busted (I think one of the more prudish gals turned my ass in). Campus Security nabbed me, threatened to "charge" me with trespassing on campus owned property, blah, blah, blah ... but ended up slapping me on the wrist and told me I was "black-listed" and not allowed back on the property under ANY circumstances!

Dang! I'd just turned 20 years old and it seems like just yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    And I know Becker VERY well. In fact, once he gets settled in, see if he can ask around and see if I'm still black-listed from that campus![
    Your reading comprehension is about the same level as Buckys.
    He said his son was going to a college in SD NOT Becker...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Your reading comprehension is about the same level as Buckys.
    He said his son was going to a college in SD NOT Becker...
    Ha ha ha! Dang! Ya' think Bucky's disease is contagious?

I just caught that when I saw CD mention he's not too far away to come home if he gets homesick! I thought, "WTF"?? ... and re-read the post. I think I got all disconbobulated when I saw Becker mentioned and the old memories started flooding in.